Yesterday was such a fun day. I spent the day with my good buddy Tyson and his friend Ryan. We just hung out and had a good old guys day. We watched some old SNL bits on DVD and had a rather rousing game of poker. There is something I absolutely love about putting on some music and just relaxing with a game of cards. Actually, music finds its way into a lot of what i do. Yesterdays weapon of choice: Stevie Ray Vaughn. As a guitarist I find inspiration in a great many places, but no guitarist has impacted my playing quite like Stevie. Every track I listen to is like a little piece of heaven. I could listen to "Things That I Used To Do" a thousand times and still find something exciting and new every time around. If you are not familiar with Stevie Ray Vaughn, I highly recommend that you take the time to shake hands and introduce yourself to songs like "Lenny", "Texas Flood", or "Tin Pan Ally". Sit down, have a listen, and lose yourself.
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
texas hold'em vs. texas blues
Yesterday was such a fun day. I spent the day with my good buddy Tyson and his friend Ryan. We just hung out and had a good old guys day. We watched some old SNL bits on DVD and had a rather rousing game of poker. There is something I absolutely love about putting on some music and just relaxing with a game of cards. Actually, music finds its way into a lot of what i do. Yesterdays weapon of choice: Stevie Ray Vaughn. As a guitarist I find inspiration in a great many places, but no guitarist has impacted my playing quite like Stevie. Every track I listen to is like a little piece of heaven. I could listen to "Things That I Used To Do" a thousand times and still find something exciting and new every time around. If you are not familiar with Stevie Ray Vaughn, I highly recommend that you take the time to shake hands and introduce yourself to songs like "Lenny", "Texas Flood", or "Tin Pan Ally". Sit down, have a listen, and lose yourself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A wonderful day it was. There are few things as wonderful as finding moments of relaxation with good friends. To be able to just lay back and and let the laughs come easy.
Next time, I won't be so nice in poker.
Tyson
Post a Comment