Saturday, August 12, 2006
these are the days...
It's official, I am finally enjoying being my own age. Until now I was more than content with growing up, getting older and finding my place in the world of grocery store lineups and drive through coffee shops. I hated my teen years; the drama, the "heartache", and the stupidity of thinking we were larger than life. I always wanted to grow up and just settle into a routine. Fast forward 5 to 8 years... I have done a lot of growing up, and I mean a lot. I am 22, newly married, getting ready to start a career, and finding myself becoming more and more enamored with the idea of being a twentysomething. It is so great to be able to look forward with anticipation while still being able to look around at where I am now and say "I'm lovin' it". This is the independant, albeit stressful lifestyle teenagers always dream of. I hate to say it because it sounds so juvenile, but I love living life on my own terms. Everything is so fresh, so inviting. There is a huge future ahead, but I want to make sure that I am not so fixated on it that I miss the experience. I guess what I am trying to say is that life is good. These are the days...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment